Sunday, August 21, 2011

Small hiking adventure

As I was looking for an Ace Hardware in my area I came across a beautiful park that I decided I would go check out some day. Well that day came last Wednesday. I decided that I would go hiking around this park (there are a few different trails ranging from 1-3.5 miles in length - thank you interwebs), find a quiet place to read and spend the morning there. I packed a camelback with a bottle of water, a muffin, my kindle and keys, phone, wallet and other such purse things. The sign gave me some important advice and heads up.
Notice that joggers yield to horses
I set out with the intention of walking/jogging the 3.5 mile trail but since none of the trail heads were clearly marked I just started walking. It turns out that there are a multitude of small trails all over the park. I just wandered around, taking the smaller paths whenever I felt like it. I found this cool mushroom.



Isn't that mushroom super cool? Anyways, about 10 minutes later I had to step aside for a horse! I'm glad I read the sign or I would have been unprepared. But for reals how often do you see horses while hiking in a park in the middle of the city? I ended up seeing that same horse and rider again later.  These are some cool pictures that I took:



I found a mossy, soft area that was relatively free of ferns so I sat and read for a while. It was lovely.

Isn't this a cool picture?

2 comments:

Geevz said...

I think you may be living in a fairy tale. That mushroom scares me for some reason.

Alicia W said...

I think you may have found a little slice of heaven. Thanks for sharing.