Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Keep on keeping on

Well I don’t really have a lot to blog about but since I love to read other people’s blogs I figured I should blog more. I was going to try to write about my brother but I can’t today so I’m not going to. Ok there is some exciting news, I have a job interview! I’m very excited. It’s as a SLPA in Phoenix elementary school district so it’s pretty close. Any encouraging thoughts/prayers are welcome this Thursday ath3:00pm :)

Other less exciting but still kinda cool is that fact that I conquered the GRE (test to get into grad school for those of you who don’t know). Much studying and stress was involved but overall I’m happy with my scores. If you or someone you love has recently taken it you should comment with their scores so I can see how I did compared to real people. I’m not going to post my scores here because really they don’t mean much to anyone who isn’t a grad school registration person.

Aaron started school yesterday which is exciting to me but less so to him. He’s taking 15 credit hours: 4 upper division computer classes (I haven’t the foggy-ist what they are called even though he has told me multiple times) and religion 100 (internet class that looks pretty easy). Aaron cut his hours at work down to 25 a week so that’s great that he doesn’t have to try to work full time and go to school full time. He is still loving his job and I’m loving that he’s home all the time.

Ah, I forgot something every exciting! I gained some weight! Now, I know that most of you are probably slightly disgusted with that statement made with enthusiasm but I’ve been trying for YEARS to gain weight. At 5 feet 9 inches and 125lbs, I was a little too skinny for my taste and frankly my health. I’ve had some yucky health issues over the years and ! part of it was not having enough fat reserves but it’s hard to build fat when you use all of the calories you eat everyday. It was a terrible cycle. But after approximately 4 years I finally have gained enough weight that my body is starting to be happier. I now weigh about 140 lbs! Woohoo!!!

No comments: