Friday, February 15, 2013

Which is better?

I'm a product tester with a group called Bzzagent so I get free stuff and coupons and all I have to do is tell people about it. Jealous? Sign up here.


VS


Well I got a Schick Hydro razor for free so I thought I'd do a thorough test. I opened a brand new head of my usual razor, Venus Embrace, so that both would be sharp. Also I used shaving gel since it does actually make your legs smoother. My right leg was shaved with the Venus Embrace and the left with the Schick Hydro.

What each was evaluated on:

1. Blade
2. Overall Leg Smoothness
3. Razor burn feeling afterward
4. How comfortable it is to hold

So who won? Well let me tell you.


1. The Schick blade was good and bad. Good -- really sharp blades means I got a close shave. Bad -- Sharp blades means I cut myself :( Also the Venus blade has more conditioning strips around the blades so I don't have to be quite so careful while shaving which is great for me because I'm clumsy. Winner: You choose

2. After shaving I had my husband test each leg for smoothness to see if he could tell a difference. For a while he couldn't really tell but after 30 seconds declared that my left leg was just little bit smoother than my right. Winner: Schick Hydro

3. I did get a little bit more of a razor burn feeling with the Schick but not by much. Winner: Venus Embrace

4. Both have comfortable handles and the heads move pretty well. Winner: Tie!


I'm not sure which is would win for you but for me, I think I'll stick to my Venus Embrace.


2 comments:

Geevz said...

You know, I like the venus ones better too but I just don't quite know why. I love how scientifically you reviewed it :)

jeanene c said...

Try Nair??? So fun. Thank you for your posts. You should have taken photos of the smoothness test. ;)